[pie_register_form id=”1″ title=”true” description=”true” ]
1. Neck: This is a round measurement taken around the base or the largest part of the neck. Pass the tape around the neck over the collar bone in the front and the base of the neck at the back. This measurement gives the neck width and is needed for a close fitting collar.
2. Shoulder: Your shoulder point can be located by feeling for the end of the flat bone at the end of the shoulder. The distance between the base of the neck and the end of the shoulder gives this measurement.
3. Shoulder front width/back width: Measure from one end of the shoulder bone to the other from the front to get the front width of your shoulder, similarly measure from one end of the shoulder bone to the other from the back to get the back width of your shoulder.
4. High chest measurement: This measurement will help in getting a close fit under the armpit, eliminating the wrinkles. Place the tape straight under the armpits in the front and across back to get this measurement. Take care to keep the tape measure parallel to the floor both at the front and at the back.
5. Bust: Measure around the fullest part of the bust with the tape held parallel to the floor. Do not let the tape sag at the back. The tape should be tight enough so that it does not slip and loose enough for one finger to pass through.
6. Waist: It is essential to locate the natural waist first, in order to take this measurement. The natural waistline is located above the hip bone in the narrowest part of the body. A cord tied at the waist will facilitate in taking this measurement. Measure around the cord with the tape held parallel to the floor.
7. High Hip: At around 3&; below the waistline, hold the tape around the hip to get this measurement.
8. Hip: Measure around the fullest part of the hip (7 to 10 “from the waistline) with the tape held parallel to the floor.
9. Armhole: Measure by passing the tape under the armpit and around the armhole.
10. Front waist length: Measure down from the highest part of the neck over the fullest part of bust to the waist.
11. Shoulder to bust: Measure down from the highest part of the neck to the tip of the bust. This is also called bust point height. This is useful in locating the bust point while drafting a blouse.
12. Distance between bust points: A horizontal measurement that measures the distance between the bust points, useful for dart placement in blouse drafting. This is also called bust point width.
13. Back waist length: Measure down from the highest part of the neck over the centre back to the waistline.
14. Front neck depth: Measure across from the highest part of the neck diagonally towards the centre front. This is a useful measurement for drafting a blouse.
15. Back neck depth: Measure across from the highest part of the neck diagonally towards the centre back. This is a useful measurement for drafting a blouse.
16. Upper arm: Measure around the fullest part of the biceps with one finger underneath the tape.
17. Lower arm: Measure around the bottom or at the lower edge of the sleeve.
18. Elbow: Measure around at the elbow of the arm.
19. Wrist: Take a round measurement at the wrist level of the arm.
20. Sleeve length: The length of the sleeve varies from one style to another. For short sleeves, measure down the arm, from the tip of the shoulder to the desired level. For full length sleeve, bend the arm slightly at a 90o angle and measure from the tip of the shoulder down to the elbow and then on to the wrist. While registering please provide the full sleeve length.
21. Waist to hip: Measure from waist down to the fullest part of the hip.
22. Skirt length: Measure from waistline down to the desired length as per the garment design.
23. Pant length: Measure from waistline down to the desired length of the pant.
24. Inseam: Distance from the innermost part of the thigh to the ankle or the length of the pant.
25. Leg circumference
a. Thigh: Measure around the fullest part of the thigh.
b. Knee: Measure around the knee.
c. Calf: Measure around the calf muscle
d. Ankle: Measure around the ankle
26. Crotch depth: After sitting on a hard flat surface, measure down from the waist to the flat surface along the side seam.
27. Crotch length: Measure from front waistline to the back waistline by passing the tape in between the legs.